I get quite reasonable traffic on this blog, to the point where most people I know are sick of me talking about it. There is one post in particular, however, that has had 2.5 x the traffic of every other post: my electric mermaid scales. Every couple of days, it'll get repinned on pinterest, get posted on a blog (which makes me really happy) and thus the view count on it is ridiculous. I, of course, have been desperately trying to recreate it ever since. I found the blue glitter from that mani yesterday and it took every fibre of my being to not just re-do it completely, cos that's not original. Instead, I thought I'd try the side accent, a name I just made up then.
I've been having issues with the base colour bleeding across the glitter lately so I decided to try something different. First up, I started with three coats of Claire's Neon Orange. Then, using the Beauty Secrets Top Coat - it doesn't try too fast - I coated the side of my nail and added two-three colours of glitter using my normal technique. I didn't tessellate them as usual, as I wanted a more checker board pattern than usual. Finishing off, I added coat of Seche Vite.
The Verdict: Loving the colour combination, as well as something different with my glitter mosaics. And neon is always awesome.
I still need your help, people! I'm going to Australia for two weeks on the 11th of May and I still need your guest posts to make sure I still have the content going! I have eight so far and would love anything you'd be willing to send me. Check here for more information.