It's fair to say that I spend rather a lot of time on Reddit Laqueristas (and yes, the 'c' is missing). There was a post on there last night asking about how a ruffian manicure was done, and, having nothing better to do, I thought I'd give it a shot!
- Add a coat of Revlon Silver Coin. Leave this to dry completely, then add another coat. I only used one and it lifted at the corners. Two would have been better.
- Apply a coat of a quick dry top coat, like Seche Vite and leave to dry completely.
- Leave it to dry another five minutes.
- Once completely dry, use labels or tape, cut into semi-circles, and apply over the cuticles, leaving ~3mm of base colour showing.
- Paint on your black polish and remove tape before it dries.
- Add a coat of Seche Vite, for staying power.
- Add your matte top coat. I used Joe Fresh Matte, as it works well.
The Verdict: Mine might not be quite as neat at the source image but I think I came pretty close. I love how this looks and will have to try it out again soon.
This looks so classy!! :DReplyDelete
What black polish did you use? Sorry if it was already stated and I missed it.ReplyDelete