Ok so yesterday I talked about my most recent attempt at water marbling and I just wanted to say thanks to all those that commented with suggestions on how to improve my technique. I saw a few areas I could improve on and look! It looks so much better!
First of all, size of cup seems to be important - thanks Amanda for suggesting using a cup with a smaller diameter. I found that the polish didn't spread so thin it dried before I could get the second drop in, so that helped. Next, I kept an eye on the temperature of the water, making sure it wasn't hot or cold. I stuck with using OPI polishes, alternating between I Wanna Be A-Lone Star and Russian Navy. Finally, I cleaned my pin off between each drag which made for cleaner shapes. I used two coats of Orly Dayglow as a base, taping off my fingers. I found it easier to tape all my fingers off first as I have a tendency to wang a wet nail with the tape going on. Finally, I found near the edge had a very thin section of light blue where it had dried more than the centre polish - this is where I aimed my finger.
The Verdict: Not 100% perfect but a lot better than my last attempt. I really like how the shimmer in Russian Navy mixed with the lighter polish, and how clean the edges were. I wish I didn't wang them so many times before I got the Seche Vite on, but oh well. I have to keep doing this, I feel super close to it being perfect.
I think this came out great! I still have some issues with water marbling but it sure is fun.ReplyDelete
Great mani! i think i'll never ever do a water marbling because seems so difficult!ReplyDelete