You may recall yesterday I had some fun experimenting with my new pinking shears (scissors with a zigzag blade). Those scissors weren't the only thing I found in my local arts and crafts shop - I also found micro beads which means I finally get to try one of the most dangerous looking manis I've ever seen...
Let me walk you through what I did.
- First up, I applied two coats of a new Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro I found called Lava Red. A dark brownish-red, it's a nice shimmery duochrome.
- Next, I applied a think coat of Seche Vite to one half of my nail and taking a pair of tweezers, carefully stuck a micro bead, one at a time, into the polish. Surprisingly they stuck nicely.
- Add another coat of Seche Vite to the other half of your nail and repeat.
- Add a final coat of Seche Vite over the top.
- DO NOT ADD ANOTHER COAT, no matter how much better you think they'll stick. You'll just get cloudy patches like me.
|See what I mean about too much top coat? I wish I could go back in time and smack myself.|
|This is what the beads look like in the packet. They're suuuuper cheap at art stores, this whole bag was only 83c.|
The Verdict: I LOVE how this turned out. It felt so cool and dangerous, it gave me goosebumps. It probably goes without saying that this isn't especially practical or durable but I had a fun night wearing these. I bought two other colours of these beads so you will be seeing this look again :)